My American Idol Experience

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Day 2 and 3

I wasn't able to blog these on my trip because we couldn't get the internet to work the rest of the time. And when it did, it was so lsow that it wasn't worth it. So I've combined the last two days of the trip into one blog

Day 2- Monday

Monday morning we got up and went to breakfast at the grill in the hotel which was actually pretty good. Then we took a cab down to "Pike's Plavce Market", a huge farmers market filled with shops, food, restaurants, etc. We shopped, went to the original Starbucks (we were disappointed, by the way) and met lots of awesome local artists!

Then we headed down to the "EMP- Experience Music Project". It was a huge building that is dedicated to music memorabilia and all kinds of fun stuff! Upstairs there is this huge room that has different studio sessions where you can play any instrument you want and it teaches you!! I played the drums, bass, electric guitar, keyboard and sang. Then we went into another room that was like a stage and we were the band members. Dan played drums and I played guitar and sang "I love Rock N' Roll"and it recorded us singing1 We didn't buy the DVD but we did get the poster!!! We rock, i know...

After that we took a cab to a place called "The melting Pot" for some fondue, but unfortunately ,it wasn't open for lunch. So we went across the street to a place called "McHughes". I'm really glad we did because it was an awesome bar/grill. It was obviously an Irish pub, but the food was great and the bar was really cool.

Then we decided to go back to the hotel to watch a movie. So we rented "Over the Hedge". Okay, funniest cartoon ever! It was really good. (Samie, you were right!)

After that we went back to the "melting Pot" for dinner. ( i met another girl auditioning for AI) The food was amazing. I had never fondued before, and omigod it was so good! We had veggies/bread/apples with cheese; lobster/shrimp/teriyaki beef/chicken/steak/and ravioli w/ broth; and Strawberries/bananas/pineapple/and cake with chocolate!!! OH SO YUMMY!!!!

Then we went to the "Space Needle". It was scary. I hate heights, but once I got over that, it was a pretty view. Not worth the ticket price, though. Anyway, we did that for awhile then headed back to the hotel for sleep. We had to be up at 4 am for the auditions...

Day 3- Tuesday- Auditions

So i finally got up around 4:30 and made it to the auditions by 5am. We were in this huge line for 3 HOURS! It wasn't too bad until it started pouring!!!! We were really smart and left our umbrella at the hotel. Anyway, we met some reay cool people in ine and hung out with them. Finally they started letting us file into the stadium to take our seats. It was assigned seating, so we didn't get to sit with our new friends.

There were some really interesting people at the auditions, all 9,000 of them! We got into our seats nd they madue us sing "we built this city". UGH. 2 hours of singing that song over and over and I was ready to leave.

After that we spent another 2 hours filming shots for the show, like the begining "Welcome to Seattle!", etc. It was really lame. Especially because they made us do so many shots over and over. But, Ryan Seacrest showed up and that was cool. (Yes, he is short). Nigel the Director or whatever was there too.

So around 12 they finally started taking rows of people from the sections to audition in front of the judges. The judges at this stage were the producers, not Paula, Randy and Simon (sad). So they set up 12 tables and then groups of 4 would go up to sing one at a time. Then they would pick from that group, but most of the time they wouldn't pick anyone. As we sat there for hours and watched people get rejected, it became clear that certain tables were just picking the crazies. Too many extremely talented people were getting rejected. So by then, i knew it was over. I did audition though, and get rejected like the other thousands of really great singers. (The lady told me I had a beautiful voice though!) We werent "What they are looking for". yea yea yea, whatever. I was so glad to be out of there! I wanted to be home with my kids. I wasn't dissapointed or sad that I lost, i was dissapointed that I had seen behind the scenes and saw what AI was REALLY like. It's going to change my view on it forever, because it is NOT how it seems on TV. They weren't picking people to be idols. They were picking people to make TV. It's all fake, and that's okay. I realized I want to sing to sing!!! Not to be in a contest for it. So, whatever. We were able to catch an early flight home, so that was cool.

I think that next I'll go on "So You think you can dance" just because I know I can't, and then I WILL Get on!!! HAHAHAH. j/k

Okay, so thats the jist. Thanks to everyone who believed/believes in me. I love you all and I appreciate the support!!!!

Anywho, i need sleep. It's been a long day at work and I'm still messed up from the lack of sleep!!! Thanks guys!

Love,
Liz

xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home